I am an Associate Professor at ECE department of University of Florida.
My research is mainly on Analog and Mixed-Signal IC Design with the emphasis on high performance analog-to-digital converters (ADC), digital-to-analog converters (DAC), phase-locked-loops (PLL), low power regulators (LDOs) and on-chip security measures.
The field of mixed-signal IC design is one of the most interesting, and at the same time, challenging fields in IC design. Hence, creative thinking and improving the merits of the traditional design is just the beginning. To succeed in this task, IC design experience and dedication is required.
I expect my students to be creative in their field of research. I encourage my students to study the state-of-the art ideas, to analyze them, and to find solutions to some existing design challenges.
Currently I’m working on several interesting research topics such as synthesizable ADCs, time-assisted techniques for high-performance ADCs, passive quantization in delta-sigma modulators and low-ripple buck-boost drivers.
- Ph.D. (Electrical Engineering-Electronics), Oregon State University, 2006-2010
- B.Sc. (Electrical Engineering-Electronics) University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran, 1999-2005
- Associate Professor, University of Florida, 2018-Current
- Assistant Professor, University of Florida, 2011-2018
- Associate Editor, IEEE Solid-State Circuit Letters (SSC-L). 2018-Current
- Associate Editor, IET Electronics Letters, 2019-Current
- Data Converter Sub-Committee Chair, Technical Program Committee, IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits, 2016-Current
- Technical Program Committee, IEEE Custom Integrated Circuits, 2016-Current
- Associated Editor, IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems-I, 2015-2017
Professional Society Memberships
- Senior Member, IEEE
- Chair, Oversampling Data Converters, CICC 2017
- Chair- IEEE Gainesville chapter, 2014-2016.